Below is some sample code to automatically change the notification time of a meeting - this will overwrite what the sender has set.
To use it.
- Open Outlook.
Alt-F11to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Application.
- Selected the project on the left and side, and then select “ThisOutlookSession”
- Paste the code below.
- Next, create a new mail rule:
- Select on Apply Rule on Messages I Receive.
- Next, Select “Which is a meeting request of Update.
- Next, Select “Run a Script”, and select “AutoRejectMeetings”.
Sub ChangeNotificationTime(oRequest As MeetingItem) ' Get the appointment details Dim oAppt As AppointmentItem Set oAppt = oRequest.GetAssociatedAppointment(True) ' If it's an all day event If oAppt.AllDayEvent Then oAppt.ReminderSet = False ' .. turn of the reminders Else ' Otherwise oAppt.ReminderSet = True ' .. ensure the reminder is on. ' .. and set to 2 minutes before the meeting. oAppt.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 2 End If oAppt.Save ' Save it. End Sub